Free SEO Resources
Below are a number of items we use with customers that we make freely available to the public. Feel free to download and use to your heart’s content.
SnugData site contents:
- The SnugData SEO Primer – Your first step in understanding the intricacies of Search Engine Optimization
- Local SEO – A video that shows the benefits of local SEO for businesses.
- SnugData’s SEO Process – the technical…or geeky…side of SEO
- SEO Treasure Trove – Articles and links from the industry’s best and brightest
- Keyword Research – An article that explains the importance of keyword research and then takes you through an example
- Page Load Speed Optimization – Explaining how to check your site’s speed and how to improve it. This is an important Google Ranking Factor.
LinkedIn Articles from SnugData:
- Your Business on Google – a detailed outline of how to get your busines into the Google map packs. Many sites are showing up in the Map Packs – at the top of Google – and they don’t even have a website!
- Getting More Business – a step by step procedure to ensure your website is well constructed and agreeable to the Google bots.
- Mobile Friendly Websites – a discussion on the importance of ensuring your site is mobile friendly and steps to check it out
- 10 step on page seo guide
- Expert SEO Checklist
- SEO Periodic Table of the Elements (also see our Blog entry on this)
- ahrefs – check your site and your competitor’s sites backlink profile
- SEMrush– check your site and your competitor’s sites
- Majestic – use to check Trust Flow, Citation Flow, Backlink profiles and other information
- Copyscape – Plagiarism Checker used to check for duplicate content within your site as well as throughout the internet.
- Google PageSpeed Insights – Page speed is a factor for SEO, so you should know how fast your page loads. Also gives excellent recommendations.
- Google Mobile Ready Check – We’re still seeing pages that are not Mobile friendly! Google started enforcing this in April 2015…check your site and fix it if need be!
- GT Metrix – page speed load test with excellent follow up tips.
- MobileTestMe – more than just a mobile test…you can see what your site looks like on various devices.
- MobiReady – like the above…check to see if your site is mobile friendly and see what it looks like on various devices
Site Analysis / Case Studies – A good place to pick up some tips and tricks!
- Bowden Spratt Law Firm Analysis – Local law firm specializing in Estate Planning, Business Formations and Trusts.
- Chambers, Chambers & Chambers, LLP – Estate Planning – Law firm specializing in Elder Law and Estate Planning.